English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- To help young people with English as an Additional Language overcome barriers to learning.
Who is it for?:
- Young people who have recently arrived to Holyrood from another country and are new to learning English
- Young people in Holyrood who have always lived in Glasgow but use a language other than English at home.
Types of support given:
- Support in mainstream class (co-op teaching)
- Curricular Support (plan with class teacher)
- Consultative support for class teachers about a range of additional support needs
- Assign an EAL support worker
- Additional arrangements in SQA exams
- Study Support and Exam technique seminars for upper school.